Alamance County Paralegal Association
• Regular membership meetings are on the third Tuesday of every month at 12:20 p.m. at Carver’s on Elm in Graham.
Asheville Area Paralegal Association
• Monthly membership meetings are the first Thursday of each month at noon. Starting in January, they will be held at Loretta’s, 114 N. Lexington Ave., in downtown Asheville. Topics vary from meeting to meeting. They are posted online at www.aapaonline.net. RSVP with menu selection is needed.
• The association is looking for Programs Committee members to help plan monthly meetings, speakers, seminar topics and more. Visit www.aapaonline.net for details.
• Participants also are needed to serve as Roundtable Leaders, who will host meetings to educate and share information with fellow members about your specialty in elder law, family law, estate law, criminal law, worker’s compensation and civil litigation. Visit www.aapaonline.net for details.
• AAPA welcomes its members to submit articles of interest for potential posting to the association’s website. Send your submissions to Jenny Iaquinto, chair of the publicity committee, at email@example.com.
Catawba Valley Paralegal Association
• Monthly meetings are the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. at various locations. Membership is open to paralegals, legal assistants, legal secretaries, attorneys, students enrolled in paralegal programs of study, paralegal educators, employees of judicial entities and other recognized legal agencies.
For information, visit www.catawbavalleyparalegalassoc.org.
• For membership inquiries, contact President and Publicity/Website Committee Chair Cyndy Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cumberland County Paralegal Association
• Monthly membership meetings are the second Thursday of each month at 12:30 p.m. at various locations. Visit www.ccpara.com for details.
Guilford Paralegal Association
• GPA meets on the second Tuesday of every month in either Greensboro or High Point. Meetings are open to any attorneys, legal support staff and others connected to the legal profession. Visit GPA’s website at www.guilfordparalegalassociation.org for information on meetings, events and local continuing education opportunities.
Legal Support Staff of Asheville
• Monthly meetings will be at 5:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month at the law offices of Watson Bailey & Ciochini, 32 Orange St., Asheville. No membership necessary to attend. Contact President Tonya Roberts at email@example.com at (828) 257-2777.
Legal Support Staff of North Carolina
• For more information on the Legal Support Staff of North Carolina, visit www.lssnc.com.
Metrolina Paralegal Association
• Monthly membership meetings are the second Thursday of each month at noon at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 115 W. 7th St., Charlotte. Please visit www.charlotteareaparalegals.com for more details.
North Carolina Bar Association Paralegal Division
• Meetings of the NCBA Paralegal Division Council will be held March 8 at Ward and Smith in New Bern and May 17 at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. The annual meeting is planned for May 18 at the Grandover Resort. For more information, visit www.paralegaldivision.ncbar.org.
• The NCBA Paralegal Division has nearly 1,300 paralegal and paralegal student members throughout the state. Continuing education programs for CPE/CLE credit are available six to eight times per year.
• Membership for the Paralegal Division is $50 per year and includes access to the NCBA career services department, discounts on all CPEs and CLEs and opportunities for membership scholarships and the Distinguished Paralegal Award. Visit www.paralegaldivision.ncbar.org for information about news about upcoming meetings and programs.
North Carolina Paralegal Association, Inc.
• Information is available at www.ncparalegal.org.
• For those who are interested in taking the CLA/CP exam, the CP Review Manual from NALA is now available. Visit the NCPA website and click the “NALA News” link for more details.
• Any paralegal association that is interested in becoming an affiliate of NCPA may contact Affiliates Director Teresa Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NCPA is now on Facebook and MySpace. Contact Beverly King at email@example.com if you have trouble finding NCPA on Facebook. For MySpace questions, e-mail Erin Galloway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
N.C. Advocates for Justice Paralegal Division
• Educational information is available on the CLE calendar at www.ncaj.com.
Raleigh-Wake Paralegal Association
• Direct questions about RWPA to Sherry Grady at email@example.com.
Research Triangle Paralegal Association
• RTPA regularly supports Interact of Wake County (www.interactofwake.org) and challenges you and your firms or companies to get involved. Please visit our website at www.rtpanc.org for additional information.
Charleston Association of Legal Assistants
• Membership meetings are the third Wednesday of each month. Attendees can earn CLE credits for their participation in the luncheons.
• CALA is now on Facebook. Log in to the website and enter “Charleston Association of Legal Assistants” to access the page.
Legal Staff Professionals of Greenville
• LSPG’s regular membership meetings are the third Wednesday of every month from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. at the Poinsett Club. The meetings offer educational speakers and one half-hour of CLE credit. For reservations, contact Myra Culbertson at 864-239-5959 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For membership inquiries, contact Kathy Suggs at (864) 233-8888 or Kathy@theclardylawfirm.com.
• Members interested in receiving the Greenville Bar Association’s newsletter can contact Melinda Davidson at email@example.com.
S.C. Upstate Paralegal Association
• SCUPA holds its educational luncheon meetings on the second Thursday of the month at 12:30 p.m. at the Poinsett Club, 807 E. Washington St., Greenville. More information is available at www.scupa.org.
Legal Staff Professionals of South Carolina
• For LSPSC information, please contact Jan Berger at (803) 255-9314 or visit www.lspsc.org.
Legal Staff Professionals of the Lowcountry
• Regular membership meetings are on the third Monday of every month at 6 p.m., Sunfire Grill & Bistro, 1090 Sam Rittenberg Blvd., Charleston. The meetings offer educational speakers, one hour of CLE credit and a short business meeting. For reservations or information, contact Gina Hall at (843) 696-3292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Staff Professionals of the Midlands
• Regular membership meeting on the second Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m., 1320 Main St., Meridian Building, 17th Floor, Columbia. A presentation by a legal education speaker will earn members a half-hour of CLE credit. A short business meeting will follow. Bring your lunch and a friend. For information, contact Jamie Early at (803) 422-6813.
Palmetto Paralegal Association
• Regular membership meetings are on the third Wednesday of each month from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
S.C. Roster Administrators
• Regular membership meetings are on the third Tuesday of each month from 1 to 2:15 p.m. at various law firms in Columbia. Visit www.scrosteradministrators.org for details coming meetings and events.
National Association of Legal Assistants
• NALA Campus LIVE provides online educational courses for paralegals. The courses are offered during two sessions per year. Twelve of the 44 courses offered through the program are recommended as preparation for the certified paralegal examination.
For more information, visit www.nala.org.
• The NALA certification exam is now computer-based. The new exam format will be available at all NALA testing centers nationwide.
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
• A calendar of upcoming events and webcasts can be found at www.paralegals.org/calendar.cfm.
SEND US YOUR NEWS:
Carolina Paralegal News is happy to publish announcements of upcoming events, association anniversaries or meetings scheduled for your paralegal organization. Please e-mail your news to email@example.com by March 2 for the next issue.